Sleepy Time is the soothing bedtime blend of mandarin, lavender and chamomile, neroli and lily of the valley. Bottom notes of hay and musk.
Melt Size: 3 ounces
Melt Type: Clamshell style. 100% soy wax.
Where Melted: Room size 8′ x 9′
How Melted: Bulb melter (with 40W bulb). 3 cubes used.
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: On cold sniff, I smelled mostly powdery lavender and chamomile. I didn’t get the other notes because of these two being so prominent.
FUN FACT: The wax melts at KandleMelts are referred to as KandleBricks
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a typical clamshell style wax melt. The company name and scent name were clearly displayed on the front label, which is always a plus. I loved the fact that the scent description was included on the label. The wax was purple had spots of soy frost. Overall, very neatly packaged and a bump up from run-of-the-mill clamshell packages with the inclusion of the scent description.
- Scent: Loved this scent once it warmed. The lavender and chamomile mellowed out and I could smell hints of zippy citrus notes (mandarin). The chamomile had that straw-like scent and it mixed so well with the soft, powdery lavender. There was a perfumey element to the overall scent.
- Scent Strength: Although this scent was loud on cold sniff, once warmed it was more of a mellow scent. Not in-your-face but not a wallflower, either.
- Scent Throw: This scent filled my room without difficulty and I could detect the fragrance beyond the room it was in.
- Longevity: Lasted overnight non-stop in my high-heat melter. I could still smell it the next morning at a lesser intensity.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: On cold sniff, I thought the lavender/chamomile might overwhelm me and be too much. I was pleased once it was melting to find it a more soothing, relaxing scent for me.
Would I repurchase? Yes
Disclosures: I did receive this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. Read our disclaimer statement.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!