Melt Size: 2.4 ounces (approximately 0.4 ounces per cube)
Melt Type: Clamshell style wax melt.
Where Melted: Large open living space
How Melted: Combination of electric melters (24W) and bulb melters (using 40W bulbs). Entire clamshell used.
Great For: Summer; People who love fruity scents; Cheap scent fix
Comments: I bought this wax melt at Walgreen’s.
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a clamshell style wax melt with a clear window on the lid so I could easily view the color of the wax. The word ‘papaya’ was in green scrolled script and the word ‘mango’ was in a black all caps font. That gave the label a little bit of visual interest. There was a picture of a fruit tree high in the upper right corner that was just visible (looked like a papaya tree). The color of the wax was a salmon-y pink color. My wax melts were lumpy on what was supposed to be the smooth side. 2.5/5
- Scent: This is where this wax melt shined! The first scent I really noticed was the mango scent – it actually had somewhat of a peach fuzzy type smell to it, too. A little citrusy and tangy but also sweet and juicy with papaya. It had almost a candy-like scent, so not the most authentic but definitely enjoyable! 4/5
- Scent Throw: This wax melt provided a good scent throw in a large open area. I could smell it throughout my living space but it did not travel to other parts of the house. 4/5
- Longevity: Unfortunately, this scent did not last as long as I would have liked in my melters. I’m comparing it to the ScentSationals wax melts I use most often. 3/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): N/A
- Overall rating: 3.5/5 (Technically 3.3 but rounded up because the scent was really good.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Interested in more Patriot Candle Reviews? Click the tag below for PATRIOT CANDLES to find them on The Scoop or read visitor reviews on the Candlefind.com Review Board!
Happy candle burning ~