Melt Size: 2.1 ounces (approximately 0.35 ounces per cube)
Melt Type: Clamshell type wax melt. Paraffin wax.
Where Melted: Large open living area.
How Melted: Combination of electric melters (24W) and bulb melters (40W bulbs). I used the entire clamshell wax melt in this area.
Comments: This was unfortunately the smaller size clamshells that ScentSationals distributes to their HEB stores. I ordered this online and wasn’t aware of the smaller size, as it is not mentioned. The photos below show one of the usual size melt cubes on the left with Old Fashioned Vanilla on the right.
Would I repurchase? No
- Packaging/Presentation: This was the typical clamshell style wax melt, only smaller. The scent description on the package was: There is no baking without it! The label was very “vanilla,” for lack of a better way to describe it. Kind of boring. 3/5
- Scent: This scent reminded me of the cheap old vanilla candles I first started with (and learned to hate). This was not creamy. It was not sweet. It smell sort of plasticky and cheap. Bleh! 1/5
- Scent Throw: The scent throw on this wax melt was very mild. I should have used more than one clam in my living area since this was a smaller sized clamshell. I could detect the scent but it was in the background for sure! 2/5
- Longevity: I’m not going to rank on longevity because I dumped this one fairly soon. N/A
- Customer Service (if applicable): This is one of the problems I had with this order – the smaller sized clamshells without notification. In addition, I had some mislabeled scents. 4/5
- Overall rating: 2.5/5
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~