This is perfect for fall. Sit by the fire while you sip a steaming cup of warm cider. Tart apple cider simmered to perfection and topped with just the right amount of spices.
Melt Size: 1.3 ounces (in 2 oz scent cup)
Melt Type: Scent shot
Type of Wax: Paraffin blended wax
Where Melted: Room size 8′ x 9′
How Melted: Bulb melter (with 40W bulb)
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: I smelled a lot of spice on cold sniff. It actually smelled a lot like Red Hot Cinnamon Candies. I also could smell the apple. This had a very strong cold scent throw.
FUN FACT: Captain Cook used cider on his ships to treat scurvy.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a large oval scent shot cup – clear cup with a clear lid. The lid had a label attached that had the scent name and company name clearly displayed. The wax was brown in color and easy to handle (not slick or oily). A neat overall presentation in a standard scent shot style.
- Scent: This scent was like warm apple cider in a mug, steam and all. There was a juicy, red apple scent that floated on top. It was quickly followed by sweet spices, which smelled like cinnamon and nutmeg to me (possibly some clove). The scent was cozy and warm, not too spicy and not too sweet. Delicious!
- Scent Strength: This was a fairly strong scent. The mix of apples and spices made for a powerful combination.
- Scent Throw: This particular scent threw well throughout the lower level of my home. It completely filled the room it was in and I could smell it past the doorway and on into the main level. This scent started with a great cold throw and finished with an awesome hot one.
- Longevity: I had this wax melt in my melter beginning late afternoon and on into the night, non-stop. I was able to still enjoy it the following morning with a slight drop off in scent throw but it was still going pretty strong.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: On cold sniff, I thought this might be all spice and less to my personal liking. However, once warmed, the apple scent came out more and the spices mellowed out. The spices were also more on the sweet spice side than bold and harsh. The scent strength remained true cold vs. hot.
Would I repurchase? Yes.
Disclosures: I did receive this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. Please read our Disclaimer Statement.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!