No scent description available.
Melt Size: 2.5 ounces
Melt Type: Clamshell style
Type of Wax: Appears to be paraffin
Where Melted: Room size 8′ x 9′
How Melted: Bulb melter (with 40W bulb)
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: I smelled a lot of apple on cold sniff. Mostly sweet but a little tart. I also could smell some spices blended in. There was a twangy, sharp afternote that I couldn’t quite put my finger on and I wasn’t sure if I liked it. This had a strong cold sniff.
FUN FACT: According to Merriam-Webster, a strudel is a German pastry made of thin dough rolled up with fruit filling and baked.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a clamshell style melt in the rectangular packaging with a hinged lid. The lid label had closeup picture of apple strudel, already cut to show the yummy insides. There was a fork delving into the confection. The company and scent names were clearly displayed. The wax was a deep reddish-brown color and was fairly hard, but easy to break apart. There was no oily residue.
- Scent: I found this scent to be incredibly yummy. It was heavier on the apple than the spice. The apple was slightly sweet but there was a hint of tartness, too. The cinnamon warmed the scent without being overpowering or harsh. This was more than a straight up apple-cinnamon scent, though. The scent was syrupy and somewhat thick, without being nauseatingly sweet. I didn’t smell any pastry notes, which kind of bummed me out. I did still smell that twangy note, but only if I put my nose close to the bowl. I’m not sure what I was smelling – it was kind of bourbon-y. Overall, though, a really delicious scent.
- Scent Strength: This was a fairly strong scent.
- Scent Throw: This wax melt completely filled the room it was in without a problem. I could smell the scent throwing out into my living area with the door to the room closed! When I opened the door, the scent traveled on out into most of the lower level of my home.
- Longevity: I had this wax melt in for several hours at night and I kept it in the melter overnight. I could still smell the scent the following morning. The scent strength had dropped off some, but it was still scenting well.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: This smelled great cold, but even better melting. That cold sniff twang settled down and I enjoyed the scent more. Once it was melting, the scent had more depth to it.
Would I repurchase? Yes
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!