Melt Size: 2.6 ounces (approximately 0.43 ounces per cube)
Melt Type: Clamshell type wax melt. Paraffin.
Where Melted: Large open living space
How Melted: Combination of electric melters (24W) and bulb melters (using 40W bulbs).
Great For: Holidays; Christmas; Fall/Winter; Entertaining guests
Comments: Click here to read the original review for Plum Cranberry Cider on Candle Scoop. I have since remelted this wax melt with a few different thoughts.
Would I repurchase? Yes – as long as it smelled like it did this time.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was the typical clamshell type wax melt from ScentSationals. The packaging was the same with burgundy and gold coloring. I could see cranberries and a plum in the background. There was a cup of cider I didn’t notice before. The label scent description read: A new twist on a warm holiday favorite. The wax color was a deep red. 3.5/5
- Scent: The first time I melted this scent, all I smelled was grape kool-aid. Not so this time! I did smell a sweet grapey scent, but there were spice notes in it that I noted this time. Some wonderful cinnamon that blended well and made this way less sweet. This was definitely warm and smelled more of cider than the first one. While I enjoyed the first one, this is the type of scent I would expect given the scent name. 4/5
- Scent Throw: The scent throw was very good – it filled my large living space in little of no time and I could smell it throughout the area. Still, it didn’t overpower, so I could see this as a great scent to have going while entertaining. 4/5
- Longevity: Great longevity – I actually dumped this scent after several hours and it still had plenty of scent left. 5/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): I did have a problem with this particular online order (scents mislabeled and some clamshells of a noticeably smaller size.) 4/5
- Overall rating: 4/5 (Technically 4.1 but rounded down for scent throw.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~