Soap Review: Hesperides Grapefruit, Fresh
Soap Size: 8.8 ounces
Soap Type: Oval bar soap.
Ingredients: Sodium Palmate Sodium Palm Kernelate Water (Aqua) Glycerin Palm Acid Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fragrance (Parfum) Sodium Chloride Sodium Hydroxide Tetrasodium Edta Tetrasodium Etidronate Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288) Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289) Iron Oxides (Ci 77499) Benzyl Benzoate Butylphenyl Methylpropional Citral Limonene Linalool Hexyl Cinnamal Bht.
What It Claims : Moisturizing; Long Lasting
What It Does : Very moisturizing – left my skin very soft and smooth. This was also a super large bar that lasted a long time in the shower.
Suitable for: Most skin types
Comments: This is a French milled soap, so there are no air pockets. That means the soap is very dense and will last a long time.
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: Oh what a pretty bar of soap. The soap was hand wrapped in this thick wrapping paper (navy blue base with a gold scrolling design). The oval label was centered on the package with company and scent name clearly displayed. It was then tied with a thin wire and in the center was a single semi-precious stone. So beautiful! The soap bar itself was very smooth in my hand and humongous. It was a light, spa-like green color with ‘fresh’ imprinted on one side and ‘HESPERIDES’ on the other. 5/5
- Scent: This was a beautiful scent – tart and tangy grapefruit but not harsh at all. Very crisp, fresh and clean. Perfect for an early morning shower as a wake-me-up! 5/5
- Scent Strength: The scent strength was muted. The “burst” of scent came when first lathering up the bar each time, then the scent would become milder/tamer. The scent did not linger post-shower. 2/5
- Performance: I loved the lather of this bar – very airy but rich. It took a bit of effort to develop a lot of lather, but after the bar got going, it was fantastic. I’ve heard many people have better results using a loofah. The soap was extremely moisturizing – my skin felt very soft and very clean after each shower. I did not detect any drying effects. Although the soap bar is pricey, it is HUGE and lasts a super duper long time. 4.5/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): Excellent CS with this order. 5/5
- Overall rating: 4.5/5 (Technically 4.3 but rounded up for scent and performance.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~