A bright and sunny citrus. . . perfectly ripe, with a naturally sweet and refreshing scent.
Melt Size: 0.8 ounces
Melt Type: Jar shaped wax melt single
Type of Wax: Paraffin
Where Melted: Room size 8′ x 9′
How Melted: Bulb melter (with 40W bulb)
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: This smelled very bright, fresh, and clean on cold sniff. Like a freshly squeezed lemon with just a bit of sugar on top. It was light on cold sniff.
FUN FACT: Jar wax melts have been discontinued.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was the shaped melt from YC that had the appearance of a small apothecary jar. There was a small label on front that held the scent and company names. The picture on the label showed a closeup of lemons with a bit of greenery. The wax was pale yellow in color and kind of crumbly once the package was opened. Overall, very cute but a bit messy once opening.
- Scent: This scent was very fresh and clean. It was crisp and tangy, with a slight hint of sweetness. It really smelled a lot like a freshly cut lemon, with a bit of added sugar.
- Scent Intensity: This scent was on the lighter side.
- Scent Throw: This wax melt scented up the room it was in, more of like a background scent. I could not smell the scent beyond the open door into any other part of the house.
- Longevity: I was able to enjoy this fragrance for about 6 hours before I really couldn’t detect it any more. It was on the light side to begin with, so I think once the fragrance started dwindling, I really couldn’t catch any whiffs.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: I really liked the fragrance on cold sniff, and it did smell good once melting. I reviewed a regular wax melt a long time ago (read full review here), and I was hoping this wax melt packed a better punch. I was still disappointed with the scent throw.
Would I repurchase? No
Disclosures: This was a gift from a friend.
Happy candle burning ~
Candle Scoop – The best smelling blog around!