An ice cold Mason jar filled with crisp and refreshing ginger ale, fresh squeezed lime and slices of lemon and orange
Melt Size: 1.4 ounces
Melt Type: Scent shot
Type of Wax: Paraffin
Where Melted: Room size 8′ x 9′
How Melted: Bulb melter (with 40W bulb)
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: This smelled just like a fizzy glass of ginger ale. It smelled sweet and citrusy, with more of the lemon-lime smell than orange.
FUN FACT: LPL now has a new website. I purchased these products from their Etsy store, before this site was available. The link included with this review is for their new website. While the Try Us Sampler is no longer available (6 melts shipped for $15), there is a coupon code for new buyers: Use newbuyer for $1.50 off your order.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was an oval scent shot in a clear cup with a clear lid. There was a label on the lid that included the scent name and company name. The wax was dye free. A very simple, yet clean, presentation.
- Scent: I really enjoyed this scent. It smelled so much like a glass of ginger ale! It was fizzy and citrusy – I could smell the lemon/lime mix. It was just slightly sweet. There was a bit of a sour note that I detected – similar to what I sometimes smell with champagne scents. Still, it wasn’t that prominent, and it didn’t keep me from enjoying the scent.
- Scent Intensity: This wax melt was moderately strong.
- Scent Throw: I could smell this wax melt as it filled up the room it was in without any difficulty. I could also smell it as the scent wafted out from that room on down the hallway and into the kitchen. Every now and then I could smell it hit my nose as I sat in the living room, which is quite a bit of distance away.
- Longevity: This wax melt lasted for several hours without missing a beat. I did keep it in most of the day and on into the evening.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: This smelled similar while melting as it did cold. The only difference would be that bit of a sour note I noticed once it had warmed.
Would I repurchase? Yes
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Candle Scoop – The best smelling blog around!