Pillar candles are stand-alone candles that are not housed in some type of glass container or vessel. They are very popular during the holiday season to help create beautiful candlescapes. Here’s a trick you can use to keep those candlescapes in place a bit longer this holiday season…
- Take your new pillar candle and remove any labels or decoration.
- Fill a large pan or sink with enough warm water to cover your candle. You’re going to want your candle immersed in the liquid.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of table salt to the warm water and stir it in.
- Once your water has completely cooled, immerse your candle into the salt-water solution. You may have to turn the candle on its “side.” Let it sit in the water for approximately 2 hours.
- Remove the candle and place it on a towel to dry. Wipe it down to help it dry faster. Let it dry for at least 24 hours before lighting it – you want it to completely dry.
That’s it! The salt will help keep the pillar from dripping and make it last longer. This tip is best used for unscented pillar candles as the salt may change the scent somewhat of a scented candle.
Do you have a tip on pillar candles? Please share!
Happy candle burning ~