The powerful allure of teak wood meets up with bamboo greenery to present an encapsulating new fragrance.
Melt Size: 3 ounces
Melt Type: Clamshell
Type of Wax: Paraffin-soy blend
Where Melted: 10′ x 12′ room
How Melted: Bulb melter with 40 W bulb. 3 cubes used (approx. 1.5 oz)
General: This natural, outdoor scent won me over with its subtle and complex woodsy blend. The name is super-creative and catchy! This site also offers candles and bar soaps for variety.
FUN FACT: Bamboo’s natural structure is very durable and strong. It is often used as a renewable material to promote sustainability.
- Packaging/Presentation: These clamshell-style melts came in the typical clear hard plastic package. A sticker with a playful panda munching on a bamboo stick in a brown-patterned oval was on the top of the package. The name of the company and scent were on the sticker, above the picture. The wax itself was a medium green, well-matched to the scent name. I absolutely loved this picture! I give extra kudos to this name, which is so whimsical and perfect for the scent, and whose playfulness matches the panda perfectly! In general, I think clamshell packaging a little plain but this was embellished with a great pic and name.
- Scent: This is a unique and complex scent. I could smell the “greenery” of the bamboo, more of a woodsy than a fresh green. The teak scent added a touch of musky wood: complex and almost spicy. It is a nice combo. I would say it almost has a “masculine” scent, though I hate to generalize scents. It has a musky-woodiness which typical “masculine” scents tend to have. For me, it’s a little too woodsy but I could appreciate its complexity and know people who would love this.
- Scent Intensity: This was a light to medium strength scent, both on dry whiff and while burning/melting. It was quite subtle overall.
- Scent Throw: The throw was light to moderate. I could smell this burning several feet away from the melter but not at the periphery of what is a medium-sized room.
- Longevity: I could smell this all day on the day it was burning, for about 8-9 hours, which is as advertised (up to 8 hours) or slightly longer.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: I would purchase this as a gift for someone who likes complex, woodsy, light scents with an appreciation for great titles/names and plays on words.
Disclosures: I did receive this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. Please read our Disclaimer Statement.