A fragrance blend of Honeysuckle / Magnolia / Gardenia wax melt chips. The laid back warmth of honeysuckles and gardenias is combined with the lush fragrance of magnolias for a delicious blend of floral tones. This mix of aromatics reminds of sweet tea on the porch during a starlit Southern night.
Melt Size: 6 ounce box of chips
Melt Type: Wax shaped pieces
Type of Wax: Parasoy blend
Where Melted: 12′ x 15′ room
How Melted: 40w electric tart burner
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: I was amazed to find the number of warmers that are offered! There are also lots of scents and scent blend options. A Create-A-Scent option allows the buyer to choose from multiple combo options. I love this! It would be great to have a store close by…. Southern Nights was a dense, heavy floral on dry whiff.
FUN FACT: ScentChips is a company established in 1979 in San Antonio, Texas. A full-line store opened in 2002, and by the time of this writing, there are multiple independently owned stores nationwide as well as internationally.
- Packaging/Presentation: My Southern Nights scentchips came in a square cardboard box colored a beautiful, garden-like green. The “faces” of each side had different info: a floral pic on one, a description of the company on another, directions for use on another, etc. Four holes on top of the box allow the buyer to sniff the blend. The box itself was filled with wax “chips” which are shaped like jujube-like candies. Three colors for the three florals blended well and were in keeping with the southern floral theme: grassy green, white, and dark tan. I thought the box was well-planned and detailed, and I loved the wax chip shapes and the ability to choose the exact number/kind of chips. I really enjoyed this appearance overall: a combo of simple and detailed which is truly elegant.
- Scent: I absolutely loved this scent! I do like florals quite a bit, though, and this one is full-on floral, no apologies. It’s lots of honeysuckle and gardenia, and a good amount of magnolia. The blend is amazing, conjuring a southern night for me despite the fact that I’ve only had limited contact with the South. Even a brief memory of these scents wafting on light breezes on a southern night is enough to know this aroma. For floral lovers, this scent is a great choice.
- Scent Intensity: Very strong. This scent penetrated its area very well so that in that room there was the sense of being outside around flowers. Potent. For true floral aficionados.
- Scent Throw: Very strong. The room was filled with scent, concentrated in the center and somewhat less strong at the periphery. There was the sensation of walking by flowers when walking through the room.
- Longevity: I got about 8-10 hours of strong scent from this blend. After that, it gradually faded, but I was still able to smell it the following morning. Much better than average.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: This is a good choice for a solid floral lover. I would use a higher-wattage bulb as this wax was on the hard side. Great creativity with regard to blending–wish there was a store near me where I could blend to my hearts content!
Would I repurchase? Yes
Disclosures: I did receive this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. Please read our Disclaimer Statement.