Join the celebration . . .every day is a festival with the fun and fruity mix of orange fizz, sparkling peach, and vanilla ice.
Melt Size: 0.8 ounce
Melt Type: Single scallop
Type of Wax: Paraffin
Where Melted: Room size 8′ x 9′
How Melted: Bulb melter (with 40W bulb)
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: This smelled very tropical and fruity on cold sniff. I smelled a lot of the orange, citrusy notes.
FUN FACT: A luau is a Hawaiian party or feast. Tropical fruits are often served during a luau.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a single scallop wax melt in the traditional YC shrink wrap packaging. The label sticker on the front showcased a couple of tropical drinks, complete with straws and flowers. The scent name and company name were clearly displayed. The wax melt was heavily pigmented in a bright orange color.
- Scent: This scent was very fruity and tropical to me. It smelled heavily of citrus, enveloped by some juicy peach notes. It had a brightness to it and it was rather sweet. I’m not sure that I could smell any vanilla. I didn’t really care, though, because I really liked this one.
- Scent Intensity: This was a fairly strong and intense scent.
- Scent Throw: I could smell this wax melt in the room it was in without any difficulty. The scent traveled on out beyond the room and on into the hallway, on into my kitchen and main living area (if I left the door open). Fantastic!
- Longevity: This wax melt only lasted about 8 hours for me and then it started to significantly fade. I had this particular melt for several months, though, so I am going to attribute some of that to the age of the wax melt.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: Very similar. The cold sniff smelled just like it did when melting. It kept the same expected scent strength profile, too.
Would I repurchase? Yes
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Candle Scoop – The best smelling blog around!