Hazelnut Espresso is a deliciously scented soy candle sure to awaken your senses! Nutty hazelnut is blended with espresso to create an aroma that smells just like your favorite coffeehouse latte.
General: Lunabean Candle Company started with “a trip to the mall”, according to Dallas Kirby’s site. The goal was to create eco-friendly candles with soy wax and lead-free wicks. This site offers a few size options and a sampler of these small candle tins. Though the scent list isn’t huge, there are a few options from different scent categories. These tins seem to come in a 4 sampler set; I couldn’t find an option to buy these separately.
Candle Size: 2 ounce travel tin
Type of wax: Soy
Stated Burn Time: 10-12 hours
Where Burned: 6′ x 8′ room
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: A cold sniff yielded a strong coffee smell with a touch of hazelnut.
FUN FACT: Lunabean Candle Company is located in Memphis, TN
- Packaging/Presentation: This tin is a small, 2 oz container. A sticker on top advertises the name of the company, the name of the scent in a smaller font, and the fact that this is a natural soy candle. There is a warning label on the bottom. The wax is white/not colored, and there is one centrally-placed wick. Overall, a simple, elegant appearance in keeping with the advertised eco-friendly goal. It’s hard to be more embellished with a candle this size, so I thought the appearance congruent with the size though a little simple for my individual taste.
- Scent: This is a great coffee scent. I love coffee, so this is a scent I can truly appreciate. The scent has a heavy coffee complement with a very subtle touch of hazelnut which I could barely smell; it’s more of a slight sweet touch. Overall, I loved this both on cold sniff and while burning. I would name it more of a pure Espresso or coffee scent.
- Scent Strength: This one really packs a punch! I thought it quite strong. It’s limited by its size, though; see below. In and of itself, it’s definitely on the strong side. I would imagine that, in a larger size, it would be very potent!
- Scent Throw: For a candle its size, this had a decent scent throw. It’s hard to get a strong throw with a 2 oz candle, which is why I opted to burn it in a small room. It did scent the room fairly well; no scent “leaked” into the adjoining hallway. At the periphery of the room, it was harder to smell. Again, I think a larger size would really yield a strong throw.
- Performance: This tin/candle performed quite well. I got almost 13 hours of burn time which is even above the advertised amount. I find this to be an indicator of high-quality, dense wax. It formed a good wax pool and burned with minimal soot and minimal wax on the sides. Overall, better than average performance.
Would I repurchase? Yes, in a larger candle.
Disclosures: I did receive this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. Please read our Disclaimer Statement.