Feel as brilliant as a bloom and as sweet as a succulent. A bright blend of cassis, pink sea salt, and wild geranium with a hint of avocado. Top Notes – bright cassis, pink sea salt, aloe vera. Middle Notes – dune grass, avocado creme, wild geranium. Base Notes – Sandal tree, iris, blooming musk
Candle Size: 9.3 ounces
Type of wax: Unsure of the specifics for this candle. Illume uses natural-wax formulation of soy, palm and beeswax or a food-grade paraffin for their candles. This candle was not pure paraffin.
Stated Burn Time: 60 hours
Where Burned: Room size 6′ x 6.5′; Large, open kitchen space.
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: This was a very pretty scent on cold sniff. It was fresh and clean, sort of spa like. I smelled green and floral notes the most.
FUN FACT: This is part of Illume’s Aromatic + Fresh + Clean families.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a squat jar with a thick, heavy bottom. The mouth of the candle jar was fairly wide. There was a silver lid on the candle. The lid had a little bit of weight to it, making the candle seem very upscale. There was a label on the front of the jar clearly displayed the scent and company names. There was the typical warning label on the bottom. There was a single, medium-sized wick in the center of the candle. The wax was a pretty green color.
- Scent: I really liked this scent. Fresh and clean, slightly sweet from the mix of florals. I definitely got the dune grass notes throughout the burn on this one. Very complex and spa-like.
- Scent Strength: The scent overall was moderately strong.
- Scent Throw: When I had this candle in the smallest room, it completely filled that space. I smelled the candle out into the hallway with the door open. When I placed it in the kitchen, the scent dispersed well throughout that open space. I kept smelling it in my kitchen and smiling!
- Performance: I did not get a full wax melt pool with this candle. It burned right up to the edges, but left a rim of wax. The wick had to be trimmed frequently. I had to keep it very short or the flame would get out of control. When the candle burned down, I did have some wasted wax on the sides.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: I found this a very pretty scent on cold sniff and it smelled very similar burning. I think the green grassy notes were most prominent cold and hot. The florals seemed to blossom more once the candle was burning.
Status of the jar: This candle will be heading to the local recycling center.
Would I repurchase? Yes
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Candle Scoop – The best smelling blog around!