A walk through a park on a crisp autumn day….that’s exactly what Autumn Pine soy candle will remind you of. Bright notes of pine, and fallen leaves smell fresh and invigorating, bringing the outdoors in for a delightful fall fragrance.
General: This pine-scented candle is a classic scent with a luxury appearance.
Candle Size: 8 ounces
Type of wax: Natural soy
Stated Burn Time: 40-56 hours
Where Burned: Room size 10′ x 12′
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: A rich pine scent on cold sniff
FUN FACT: There are around 115 species of pine trees.
- Packaging/Presentation: This candle comes in a heavy, tumbler-style glass container which immediately gives it a high-quality appearance. A sticker on the side is simple and elegant: black and ivory-white, with the name of the company and scent. The wax is creamy, dense-appearing white-ivory colored with one centrally placed thick cotton wick (lead-free). Overall, an elegant, simple appearance in keeping with the natural theme of this company, which conveys a natural, luxury approach to its products.
- Scent: This is a classic pine scent, unencumbered by any other touches that may be associated with the holidays. I actually thought of being in a forest or taking a walk in pine-y woods, rather than the holidays, because most holiday pine scents have other scents also (cinnamon, orange, bakery, bay leaf, etc). There was a slightly harsh touch which I find most pure pine scents have and it confirmed to me its purity. Quite simple, though nice if you truly enjoy the pure pine scent.
- Scent Strength: The candle filled the room with scent after several hours: it was reasonably strong, especially given its size. Both cold sniff and burned scent were medium to strong.
- Scent Throw: A reasonable throw, neither super-strong or light. I thought it slightly better than average. Less strong at the periphery of the room but definite scent closer to the candle. No scent trailed out of the open door.
- Performance: I was incredibly impressed with the burn time of this candle: I got 78 hours with proper wick-trimming, way above the advertised top end of the range. The wax was obviously dense and high-quality. The candle’s performance was a “10” from this perspective alone. The burn pool was even and to the periphery after several hours. There was some wax on the side of the glass as the candle burned (see picture). The burn time was even more impressive given that some of the wax was on the sides and didn’t burn at all. Clearly, a high-quality soy wax.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: Very high-quality, long-burning wax for lovers of pure pine scents.
Would I repurchase? Yes, as a gift for a pine and/or luxury/natural candle lover.
Disclosures: I did receive this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. Please read our Disclaimer Statement.