35% Birthday Cake. 35% Buttercream, 30% Sugar Cookies~Cherrie F.
Melt Size: 0.8 ounce each
Melt Type: Scallop wax melt
Type of Wax: Parasoy
Where Melted: Room size 8′ x 9′
How Melted: Bulb melter (with 40W bulb)
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: This smelled a lot like a dense cookie (like those made with cake batter). I also smelled quite a bit of the buttercream, which I don’t care for.
FUN FACT: Tara’s Candle Cottage ships to the US and Canada.
- Packaging/Presentation: I had a 6 pack of scalloped wax melts that were housed in a Valentine’s decorated bag with a twist top tie. The individual wax melts were each in their own zip lock cello bags. There was a large, round label on the outside of each baggie that housed the company name and scent name. The wax melt itself was fairly hard and brown in color.
- Scent: I found this a heavy bakery scent with sweet, cakey notes. Tara’s Birthday Cake scent is sweet with a frosting component that I really like. I didn’t smell that as much in this scent. The pure Buttercream scent was more prominent than I would have liked (the Buttercream has a sour-ish note to it that I don’t care for). Overall, though, it was a fairly yummy scent.
- Scent Strength: This wax melt had a good scent strength.
- Scent Throw: I could smell this wax melt scenting up my room without any difficulty. It filled that space and then I could smell it coming out from the room it was in with the door closed. It reached as far as my kitchen, which is really good for this size melt.
- Longevity: I had this wax melt in my melter for the majority of the evening. I could smell it still scenting up my room the following morning.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: This is a good bakery scent from Tara’s but not my favorite. The Buttercream scent I can take in smaller doses, blended well with other scents. This wax melt smelled similar cold as it did once melting.
Would I repurchase? No, I’m not wild about this scent.
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Candle Scoop – The best smelling blog around!