Candle Size: 4 ounces
Stated Burn Time: Unknown
Where Burned: Powder room (6′ x 6.5′) and Laundry room (8′ x 9′)
Great For: Bakery lovers, Fall, Holidays.
Comments: This was an old candle in a flared jar style that is not offered any more. The scent is also no longer available on Colonial Candle. I did see where it can still be purchased on eBay and Amazon.com.
Would I repurchase? No.
- Packaging/Presentation: I do not care for the square flared glass jar style. It was narrow at the bottom and flared up at the top. The wax was a deep red color and the candle had a single thick wick. The picture on the label showed a slice of delicious looking apple cake with a fork stuck in it. 3/5
- Scent: The scent was delicious – it was like sniffing the filling of a warm apple pie. A little sweet, a little tart and gobs of brown sugar and cinnamon. Yummy! 5/5
- Scent Throw: Even for a small candle, the scent throw was not that great. I had to lean right over the jar to smell the scent. 1/5
- Performance: Terrible burn. The square corners of the jar with the single wick made it hard to form a full melt pool across the top. I ended up with a tunnel and quite a bit of wax still left on the sides of the jar. This was despite the foil trick, heating the top, etc. 1/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): No problems with this order or with CS in general from Colonial Candle. 5/5
- Overall rating: 2.5/5 (Technically 2.6 but rounded down because of performance.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~