Purity, Altru by Gamillah
Scroll down to leave your own review of this product.
An exotic floral fusing ylang ylang, tuberose, gardenia & magnolia, with base notes of blond woods & tonka bean.
Candle Size: 11 ounces
Stated Burn Time: 70 hours
Where Burned: Rooms sized 6′ x 6.5′ and 8′ x 9′. Large open kitchen space.
Great For: Bedrooms; Bathrooms; Those who love floral scents; Gift giving; Romantic evenings
Comments: Soy blend candle
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: This candle was beautiful. It came in a decorated paper tube in hues of blue and red. The scent name and company name were clearly displayed in the center with a large, star-like pattern. The star pattern was light blue with gold edging. The lid for the tube was blue and more heavily patterned than the base, mostly in blue. The candle vessel was a hammered shiny copper that was somewhat heavy in the hand and beautiful! A shiny copper with a gold lining. The wax was an off-white with one, well-centered wick. The wick was thin. There were no markings on the sides of the vessel. On the bottom was the typical candle warning label. This candle would be perfect for gift-giving as is. 5/5
- Scent: This was such a pretty scent. It was delicate and distinctly floral, but not perfumey. The floral blend was intoxicating and I could pick out individual notes at various times. The ylang ylang and tuberose made the bouquet slightly sweet and extremely romantic. Tuberose can be quite heady and overpowering to me, but not so in this blend. It mixed well with the other florals and that took some of the edge off. There was also a green element to this blend. All of if it was very intoxicating, sexy, and beautiful. 5/5
- Scent Throw: I think this candle had a moderately strong scent throw. It was really too much in the smallest (6′ x 6.5′) room. It found a great home in the 8′ x 9′ space. When I moved it to my kitchen (a large open space), it did fairly well – I could detect the candle was burning and it lightly scented that area. 4/5
- Performance: This candle provided a very clean burn. I had a full wax melt pool in a very short period of time. I noticed no smoking or black soot. There was no wax on the sides until the candle burned about mid-way. Then there was a small rim of wax left behind. By the time the candle burned down, the sides were relatively clean. I also loved the glow inside the candle as it burned – the flame reflected well off the gold lining. I did get approximately 50 hours of burn time with this candle. 4/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): Excellent customer service – fast shipping and everything arrived in good shape, very well packaged. 5/5
- Overall rating: 4.5 (Technically 4.6 but rounding down for scent throw.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!
- Romantic floral scent
- Moderately strong scent throw
- Perfect for gift-giving as is