Pumpkin Molasses, Goose Creek Candle Company
Scroll down to leave your review of this product.
Invite Autumn in! Fresh fallen leaves cozy up to the sweet and smoldering scent of pure cane molasses, spiced pumpkin and caramel amber.
Candle Size: 14 ounces
Stated Burn Time: 70-90 hours
Where Burned: Rooms sized 6′ x 6.5′ & 8′ x 9′. Large open kitchen.
Great For: Fall; Winter; Holidays; Kitchen; Those who love pumpkin scents
Comments: This candle is currently on sale for $6.
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: This was the tumbler style jar candle from Goose Creek Candles. It was a clear glass jar with a silver lid. The label on the front had GOOSE CREEK written in large letters up top and PUMPKIN MOLASSES in a much smaller font on bottom. The label had a picture of some firewood, a couple of pumpkins, and some jars of molasses. One of the jars was almost empty with a spoon inside. In the forefront was a plate of something edible – biscuits maybe? – drenched in molasses. The wax was a reddish brown and there were three well-placed, thin wicks. 4/5
- Scent: This was a warm, cozy scent. The pumpkin was heavy and creamy and there was an element of sweetness from the molasses. This was not a spicy pumpkin – it was smooth and rich, almost like a pumpkin creme brulee. The molasses was rum-like and intoxicating. This was a warm, cozy scent. 4.5/5
- Scent Throw: I got a very good scent throw from this candle. It was perfect in my smallest room – filled that space completely and stayed even in the air. When moving the candle to larger spaces, it still held its own. It did scent up my kitchen, which is large and open. It was more of a background scent at that point. I would probably want two of these burning in my kitchen. 4/5
- Performance: I had a nice, even burn from this candle. The wax melt pool took some time to form fully, but it did and there was no wasted wax on the sides. The melt pool was fairly deep. The flames were big and manageable when I started burning it. Once I got about 3/4 the way down, though, the flames were noticeably smaller with a diminishing return on the scent throw. This candle lasted a long time. For those used to the super fast burn from the B&BW tumblers, this will be a welcome surprise. I did get a full 80 hours of burn from my candle. Some of the longer burn time was attributable to the smaller flames, though. I did not notice any black sooting. 3.5/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): N/A
- Overall rating: 4
Disclosures: I did receive this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!
- Warm, cozy pumpkin scent
- Nice scent throw
- Long lasting candle
- Flames become noticeable smaller about 3/4 of the way into the burn.