Nuances of freshly ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are topped with buttery clove and a touch of vanilla amber
Candle Size: 11 ounces
Type of wax: Appears to be paraffin
Stated Burn Time: Up to 55 hours
Where Burned: Room size 6′ x 6.5′
Initial Thoughts/Cold Sniff: I smelled a lot of cinnamon on cold sniff. It actually smelled like Cinnamon Red Hots with something a little extra I wasn’t able to put my nose upon.
FUN FACT: This was a Limited Edition candle.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was the small premium round candle from Village Candles. The candle jar was squat (more round than tall) and had a wide mouth. It had a domed, tight-fitting glass lid. The label on front clearly displayed the company and scent names. The picture on the label showed Santa sitting down in front of a fireplace checking his list. The candle wax was a Christmas red color and there were two thin wicks inside.
- Scent: I instantly thought of roasting chestnuts when I first walked into the room where this candle was burning. It didn’t really smell like vanilla or amber to me, and the spices really just melded into one. I wasn’t sure exactly what I was smelling. It was a very warm, cozy scent. It wasn’t a bad scent – just not for me.
- Scent Strength: This scent was moderately strong. Strong enough to enjoy the warmth of the spices.
- Scent Throw: This scent filled the room it was in without difficulty. I could even smell this scent creeping out from under the closed door, into the hallway.
- Performance: This candle obtained a full wax melt pool in a relatively short period of time. The wicks kept nice, big flames throughout. The flames were manageable. I never noticed any black sooting and my jar remained clean. The candle burned down all the way without any wasted wax on the sides. The wax melt pool was fairly deep and even. I burned this candle for approximately 48 hours.
Comparison of final thoughts to initial thoughts: I thought this candle smelled like red hots on cold sniff, but it certainly didn’t smell like that burning. It smelled more nutty and warm once burning.
Status of the jar: This jar will be headed to the local recycling center.
Would I repurchase? No. I wasn’t crazy about the scent.
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!