Candle Size: Two 7.5 ounce candles
Stated Burn Time: 30 hours each
Where Burned: Room size 6′ x 6.5′; Large, open kitchen space
Great For: Gifts; Weddings; Bedroom; Bathroom; Those looking for fresh, clean scents
Comments: Soy blend wax
Fun Fact: Founder Maryann Mihalopoulos is also an accomplished attorney.
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: This cute limited edition set was housed in a silver cylindrical tin with a secure lid. It had a wavy black/white pattern on the front label and toward the bottom of that label, there was the indication this was a Perfect Pair set that was a Limited Edition. The company name was written in very small print below. The back of the tin had another label with verbiage that can be found on the website (see the description in the review box above). The top of the tin had a sticker label with “Mr. & Mrs.” printed on it. The candles were snuggled inside – well packaged and secure. Each individual candle was boxed and there was bubble wrap cushioning each box. Each candle was a clear, heavy-bottom glass jar with a candle warning label on the bottom. (This is where I found the actual scent name printed.) One candle had the writing “Mr.” and the other had the writing “Mrs.” Super cute! The wax was white and there was a medium-sized wick in the center of each. 4.5/5
- Scent: This is one of those scents that I was smelling before I realized what I was smelling. I knew something smelled very fresh and clean – I kept getting whiffs of it before I realized it was these candles in the other room. I smelled jasmine and violet first and foremost – sweet, gentle floral notes with a background of musk. I thought I detected some sandalwood, but this is not mentioned in the scent description. Chamomile is not my favorite scent, but it was very pleasing in this mix – it added a soothing element that kept this floral from being too brash. I really loved this sophisticated and complex scent. 4.5/5
- Scent Throw: This scent was on the softer side, which did impact the overall scent throw. But as I mentioned above, I had these candles in one room and the soft, clean scent started wafting out into other parts of the house. I finally moved this pair into my large, open kitchen and they did very well there – they brightened up the whole area. 3.5/5
- Performance: It did take me a while to get a full wax melt pool with these candles, but after several hours, I did obtain one. The wax melt pools were medium sized and even. The flames were full and did not require frequent maintenance. I never did notice any black sooting. The candles were well scented from beginning to end. They lasted approximately 28 hours each. 4.5/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): N/A
- Overall rating: 4.5 (Technically 4.25 but rounding up for performance and packaging/presentation.)
Disclosures: I did receive this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!