Mango Nectar, Patriot Candles Wood Lights
Scroll to the bottom to see the full rating breakdown.
No scent description available.
Candle Size: 15 ounces
Stated Burn Time: Not stated
Where Burned: Rooms sized 6′ x 6.5′ and 8′ x 9′. Large open kitchen space.
Great For: Summer; Odor elimination; Kitchen; Those who love fruity scents
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a cute shaped candle jar, obviously mimicking the famous WoodWick candles from Virginia Gift Brands. The jar had an hourglass shape and it had a small, rectangular label on the front. The word ‘mango’ was written in an orange scroll font and the word ‘nectar’ was in a gray all caps font. The company name was clearly displayed in an orange section of the label to the left with ‘Wood Lights’ also written underneath. The wax was an orange hue with a single, flat wooden wick in the center. The lid was wooden and had the words ‘Wood Lights’ in a script font on top. The wooden lid fit snugly on top of the candle (one of my quirky demands for candles). Very pretty and elegant compared to their standard line. 4/5
- Scent: This was a very realistic mango scent. Very juicy and delicious. I could smell some peach-like notes with this mango (characteristic peach fuzz scent). It had a hint of green, too. It was fairly authentic! A lovely scent that I really enjoyed. 4.5/5
- Scent Throw: This candle had a great scent throw. It completely overwhelmed the small room I had it in. It felt more at home in the 8′ x 9′ room. In my kitchen, it did suffice in scenting the area – it was most noticeable when right next to it. It was more of a pleasing background note at that point. 4/5
- Performance: The crackling sound was ok – subtle, but noticeable. The wooden wick candle from WoodWick is certainly louder, but the crackling sound from this candle was louder than the Yankee Candle Pure Radiance candles I have tried. My flame for this candle was big – huge and wide. I had to snuff it several times throughout the day to keep me comfortable with the flame size. I also noticed wisps of black smoke from the top of the flame. I did get a full wax melt pool in a very short period of time. The wax pool was moderately sized and very even. This candle burned down without any wasted wax. When I first started burning it, I had to leave the house after an hour and had to snuff it out (before the full wax melt pool). I was worried about the candle then tunneling, but this candle righted itself on the very next burn. Perfect! I enjoyed this candle for approximately 60 hours. 3.5/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): N/A
- Overall rating: 4
Disclosures: None. I purchased this candle myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!
- Sweet fruity scent
- Price is right
- Fairly good scent throw
- Great crackling sound from the wooden wick
- Very high flame. Must be watched carefully.
- Noticeable black soot
- Quick burn