Mango Dragon Fruit, Bath & Body Works
Scroll down to leave your own review.
Rare and refreshing dragon fruit is mixed with juicy island mango to create the ultimate tropical fruit blend
Candle Size: 22 ounces
Stated Burn Time: 25-45 hours
Where Burned: Rooms sized 6′ x 6.5′ and 8′ x 9′
Great For: Summer; Kitchen; Those who love fruity scents
Comments: Although this candle is $22.50, I did purchase it during a 2 for $22 sale.
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: This was the standard 3-wick tumbler candle from Bath & Body Works. The silver lid was textured and shiny. The picture on the front label was a closeup of some type of tropical flower. It didn’t really look like the dragon fruit flower to me. I tried to research it, but the closest other option I could come up with was the Metrosideros polymorpha (ʻōhiʻa lehua), endemic to the Hawaiian islands. (If any one knows for sure, please comment below!) In any case, it was very pretty. The wax was a vibrant orange, lending to the tropical feel. Well placed, medium sized wicks. 4.5/5
- Scent: I loved this scent! Very fruity and semi-sweet. A tropical oasis! The mango was sweet, fresh and juicy. I smelled mostly the mango, but there was a pear/watermelon-y element overlaying the scent which I attribute to the dragon fruit. 4.5/5
- Scent Throw: The scent throw on this one was moderately strong. It did very well in the smallest room – it filled that area with scent without being overpowering. In the 2nd room, it was pleasing but edged on toward the background. I think this would have been lost in a large, open area so I didn’t even try it out in my living space. 3.5/5
- Performance: I obtained a full wax melt pool in a short period of time. The flames were low but steady and even. The wax melt pool was not as deep on this candle as it is on some of the other B&BW candles – I’m sure that contributed to throw. This candle burned slower than a lot of the other B&BW 3-wicks (related to the nubby flames). I got a full 40 hours out of my candle. No wasted wax or tunneling. No noticeable black sooting. 4/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): Fast shipping on this order, nothing was broken. (Yay!) Great CS for this order. 5/5
- Overall rating: 4 (Technically 4.3 but rounding down for scent throw.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!
- Great tropical, fruity scent
- Increased price...buy on sale!
- Milder scent throw