Candle Size: 4 ounce travel tin
Stated Burn Time: 20 hours (This is indicated on the bottom of the tin.)
Where Burned: Small powder room (6′ x 6.5′)
Great For: Spring; Hotel rooms; Bathrooms; Kitchen
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: The travel tin was absolutely adorable. It was a buttercream yellow tin, square shaped. There was an intricate design on the lid with the scent name and company name clearly displayed. The bottom of the tin had little “feet” so that the tin did not rest directly against the table – great attention to detail for such a small candle! The wax was a pale yellow and there was a single, thick wick in the center. 4.5/5
- Scent: A fresh and clean lemon scent. It did not smell like a harsh lemon cleaner. It was tangy and had a bit of an herbal element, too. A very uplifting and refreshing scent! 4/5
- Scent Throw: The scent throw on this candle was very good, especially given its size. It filled the small size room it was in – I noticed the scent every time I walked into the room. I did move this tin momentarily to other spots in the house. I could also smell the scent as I walked by, no matter how large of a space it was in. 4/5
- Performance: I think my problem with this candle had more to do with the shape than anything. I’ve never been able to get really good, full wax melt pools with containers that have corners. I always seem to have wax hung up in the corner crevices and this candle was no exception. I did use the foil trick to help get a full wax melt pool, but found I needed to use it every time if I wanted that full pool. (Pics below demonstrate before and after the use of the foil trick.) I kept a medium size flame that never got out of hand. I didn’t see any black sooting. 3.5/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): Super fast shipping. Excellent CS. 5/5
- Overall rating: 4/5 (Technically 4.2 but rounding down for performance.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Want more Henri Bendel reviews? Click on the tag HENRI BENDEL below this post to read all the info on Henri Bendel we have on The Scoop. Or head on over to the Candlefind.com Review Board to see what our visitors have to say about Henri Bendel Candles.
Happy candle burning ~