Key Lime Pie, Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles
Scroll down to leave your own review.
No scent description available.
Candle Size: 14.2 ounces
Stated Burn Time: Info not found
Where Burned: Rooms sized 6′ x 6.5′ & 8′ x 9′. Also large open kitchen space.
Great For: Summer; Those who love fruity scents; Odor elimination; Kitchen; Bathroom (yes, as strange as that sounds – read on!)
Comments: I do not see candles offered for sale any longer at Sugar & Spice. This was a super old candle I decided to burn recently.
Would I repurchase? Yes, if Shanna were to offer candles for sale again.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a mason style candle jar (personally not my favorite style). The jar was clear with a large kraft-style label on the front, clearly identifying the company and scent name. The label also had the S&S logo on it (cute gingerbread man, a cinnamon bun, candle, etc.). The metal lid was silver and screwed on nice and tight. The wax itself was a pastel green with a single, medium sized wick in the center. 3.5/5
- Scent: Yum! This was a great key lime scent. Fresh, zippy, and tart with a hint of sweetness to keep it from being too tart. It added a nice zing to the space it was in and was very refreshing. I did not, however, get any pie notes. No buttery crust or anything like that. That’s the only reason I’m dinging it a star – if it was labeled as just a key lime scent, I think it would have been perfect! (This is why I think it would be great for the bathroom – it really did not smell like a bakery scent.) 4/5
- Scent Throw: Great scent throw. The lime was potent and filled the smallest space with ease, even before developing a full wax melt pool. It did well even in my open kitchen space, which is rather large with high ceilings. It did not overwhelm, but it made its presence known throughout the burn. 4.5/5
- Performance: I enjoyed the burn I got with this candle. I got a full wax melt pool in a relatively short amount of time. The melt pool was fairly deep – that and the wide mouth of the jar helped with scent throw. I never noticed any black soot. The flame stayed nice and even and I never felt like it was getting out of control. I had no wasted wax in the jar. 5/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): While I don’t remember the specifics of this particular order, I know I’ve never had a problem with CS with S&S. Shanna is very sweet and has always provided me with excellent service, so giving this a 5/5.
- Overall rating: 4.5 (Technically 4.4 but rounding up for scent throw.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!
- Fresh, lively scent
- Great scent throw
- Nice even burn, very clean
- No pie notes in this one
- Candles do not appear to be available any more.