*** NOTE: This review has been redesigned to reflect our current review format. While some elements of the original review might have changed, the content is essentially the same. ***
Blue Ginger, Illume Candles
Scroll down to leave your own review of this product.
an enticing combination of lavender, sugar cane, amber, patchouli and a touch of natural lemon and ginger
Candle Size: ?
Stated Burn Time: Unknown
Where Burned: Room size 6′ x 6.5′
Great For: Candle Eye Candy; Decor; Those who love earthy scents
Comments: Illume doesn’t seem to sell candles in these vessels anymore. The Blue Ginger scent has also been discontinued.
Would I repurchase? No
- Packaging/Presentation: I absolutely LOVED the the look of this ceramic jar candle. It was a shiny brown color with a loose fitting lid. The wax was a brown color and there was a single wick in the center. There was a shiny label on the lid that indicated the company name and scent name. This candle looked great on the shelf! 5/5
- Scent: This candle had a bit of a sweet bite to it on cold sniff – mostly a mix of ginger, amber and patchouli. Burning, it was hard to tell much of anything with the scent because of the poor scent throw. It was mostly a musky, earthy type of scent. 3/5
- Scent Throw: The scent throw on this candle was little to none. 1/5
- Performance: It also took an extraordinarily long time to reach a good wax melt pool. There was a well that was created as it did not melt all the way into the corners of the jar. It was a relatively low maintenance candle. I didn’t have to worry so much with the wick on this candle and it burned evenly. No black sooting noted. 4/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): N/A
- Overall rating: 3 (Technically 3.25 but rounding down for scent throw.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!