Garden Bouquet, Bath & Body Works
Scroll down to leave your own review of this product.
The prettiest flowers from your local farmer’s garden, hyacinth, white rose, lily, jasmine turn this fragrance into a delicate delight.
Candle Size: 14.5 ounces
Stated Burn Time: 25-45 hours
Where Burned: Rooms sized 6′ x 6.5′ and 8′ x 9′.
Great For: Spring; Summer; Those who love floral scents; Mother’s Day; Valentine’s Day
Comments: This was scent #4 in the Spring 2013 line.
Would I repurchase? Yes
- Packaging/Presentation: This was the typical tumbler style candle from Bath & Body Works. The label showed a closeup of a bunch of flowers and the scent name was written in ALL CAPS toward the top. The font was black and fairly Plain Jane. The company name was toward the bottom of the label. There was also a dark circle on the right side of the label indicating ‘No. 4’. The lid was silver and engraved with the B&BW name. The bottom of the candle had a typical warning label sticker with the scent description included. The wax was white in color and there were three thin wicks. I wouldn’t describe this candle as particularly cutesy, like some of the other B&BW candles are. 3/5
- Scent: This was a very soft, pretty floral – very feminine. This was a white floral bouquet of scents, but not too heady for non-floral fans. This scent was gentle and sweet, intermingled with a few leafy green notes – I think this would appeal to a wide range of people. I happened to love the scent itself. 4.5/5
- Scent Throw: This scent throw was a lot more modest than some of the others in this line. It was able to gently fill the room it was in enough so that I knew it was burning the minute I walked in. It didn’t flow out into the hallways or saturate the rooms. Still, it was enough to enjoy the scent. 3.5/5
- Performance: This candle struggled in the beginning to form a full wax melt pool and I had problems with low flames. These were the same super thin wicks that I noticed on the Passionflower candle, so I’m assuming these wicks were not the best for these candles. I initially had a small rim of wax on one side of the jar (and the same charred tips on my wicks). This candle, however, did start to right itself and performed much better after about the 3rd burn. My flames were still low, but not smoldering low, so I wasn’t worried about them snuffing out. The wax melt pool was not as deep as with some of the other B&BW candles. Because of the lower flames, I did get a longer burn time out of my candle: approximately 45 hours. 3/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): Very fast shipping, everything packaged relatively well. I did have one broken item in the box but it was promptly replaced after a phone call. 4.5/5
- Overall rating: 3.5 (Technically 3.7 but rounding down for performance and scent throw.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!