Candle Size: Not mentioned. Feels about 8-10 ounces.
Stated Burn Time: Not mentioned
Where Burned: Room sizes 6′ x 6.5′; 8′ x 9′
Great For: Novelty gifts; Kentucky natives; Conversation piece
Comments: This candle is offered on a limited basis. The first time it went on sale in November 2013, the set available sold out in under a minute. See my initial thoughts here on Candle Scoop.
Would I repurchase? Maybe, but only for gifting.
- Packaging/Presentation: This was a thick-bottom clear glass jar filled with off white soy wax. There were two wicks that were well placed. The black/white oval label on the front had a picture of a plate of fried chicken with the name ‘Fried Chicken’ in scrolled font. The label gave the whole candle a country vintage vibe. Throughout the candle I could see seasoning/spices from where the chicken was actually fried in the soy wax. Kinda cool! 3.5/5
- Scent: This literally smells like fried chicken. The real deal. Considering the chicken was fried in the soy wax, this makes sense. There were notes of fried chicken grease that I couldn’t really push out of my nose…I mean, my mind. Not a scent I think I would want to burn constantly in my home, but it hits the mark exactly on what it was trying to do. 4/5
- Scent Throw: The throw on this candle was light to moderate. It had a fairly strong cold throw. Once burning, it enveloped the smaller size room enough to know that it was there. It was a persistent smell but more like a background scent. 3/5
- Performance: This was an incredibly clean burning candle. The two wicks gave me a full wax melt pool in little of no time. The wicks were not hard to maintain. On the initial burn, I had no wasted wax. On my second burn, I had a small rim of unmelted wax and the melt pool was not very deep. I think this contributed to the lighter scent throw. 3.5/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): I had excellent CS with this order. No problems. 5/5
- Overall rating: 3.5/5 (Technically 3.8 but rounding down for scent throw.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
Happy candle burning ~