Cinnamon Sugared Donut, Bath & Body Works (Slatkin & Co.)
Scroll down to leave your own review of this product.
A delicious combination of crushed cinnamon and vanilla cake donuts with a dusting of sugar.
Candle Size: 14.5 ounces
Stated Burn Time: 40-65 hours
Where Burned: Rooms sized 6′ x 6.5′ and 8′ x 9′.
Great For: Bakery lovers; Kitchen; Small spaces
Comments: This was the super old version of this candle, when the candles sold for $19.50 each. Warning! The photos below are not for the squeamish.
Would I repurchase? No, not this old version. I would try the newest candle in this scent.
- Packaging/Presentation: This candle was the 3-wick candle under the Slatkin & Company line. It looked strikingly different from the Sweet Shop version. For one thing, the word donut is spelled “Donut” here as opposed to “Doughnut.” The clear label showed a close up picture of some heavily sugared cinnamon donuts with the name Slatkin & Co. on top and Cinnamon Sugared Donut on bottom (both all caps and gray font). This candle label was pretty boring to me. The wax was an ivory color and the wicks were thin but well placed. The lid was a shiny silver and fit snugly on the jar. 3/5
- Scent: Oh my goodness, this was delicious! This smelled just like some freshly baked donuts. It did have a yeasty type smell, so this was sweet but not super sweet. A cakey scent with swirls of cinnamon. Since cinnamon is the first word listed in the name, I initially thought that this was heavy on the cinnamon but it was not. It had a muted cinnamon scent that wasn’t too harsh. It was truly mouthwatering and I loved it! 5/5
- Scent Throw: The scent throw, however, was dismal. It was very light in the smallest room, which it where it really should have stayed. I could only catch whiffs when I moved it to the larger room. For a 3-wick candle, this was certainly a disappointment. 2/5
- Performance: This. This is why I stopped buying B&BW candles for a long time. The burn was horrible! All 3 wicks would not stay lit at the same time. I got nubby flames and huge craters and tunnels and drowning wicks. I poured off some wax to no avail. I scooped out wax to no avail. Way too much work to try to enjoy this candle. 1/5
- Customer Service (if applicable): I bought this a super long time ago, but I do not recall any problems with the order. 5/5
- Overall rating: 3/5 (Technically 3.2 but rounding down for scent throw and performance.)
Disclosures: None. I purchased this product myself.
See…you were warned! 😉
Happy candle burning ~
Enjoy this review? Leave your own review on this product down below. Or submit your own review of another product to be published on Candle Scoop. We love to hear what our readers have to say!
- Realistic cinnamon sugared donut scent.
- Light scent throw
- Drowning wicks